Axialent recently hosted a live debate, Return to the new normal: Leader’s top of mind, featuring Oseas Ramirez, corporate innovation advisor and keynote speaker to Fortune 500 companies, startup founder, and board member in several organizations, and Thierry De Beyssac, business cultural transformation expert and former CEO in 12 countries. The two explored and debated global organizations’ leaders’ top of mind topics and how to prepare for the “new normal”.
The live webinar covered three pressing questions:
What do you think the “new normal” is going to look like?
- The “new normal” won’t look the same for every person, company, and country and each one might experience their “new normal” on a different timeline, as situations progress differently worldwide.
- It will be important to manage your organizational trauma to recover your people’s engagement and help them be able to perform at their best.
- We have proved we can be resilient by making fast changes during this crisis. Now, how can we replicate it in a sustainable “new normal” way?
- Fast-tracked innovation projects are now the new internal benchmark.
- We need to be agile, not just do agile: attitude does matter.
What challenges and opportunities do you see now emerging from this crisis?
- Never let a good crisis go to waste. There is an opportunity to reshape your organizational culture, review your purpose, and operating model. Do it quicker and deeper.
- Disruption is a fantastic window of opportunity to work on self-empowerment, to redesign ourselves, and to review mindsets and corresponding habits.
What is the implication of this new normal at a leader’s personal level?
- Be a permanent LEARNER and develop yourself as a coaching leader. Invest at least half to a full day of your time on it every week.
- As a leader, you have a professional responsibility to take care of yourself personally. Not
practicing basic sleep and healthy nutrition routines can make cognitive capacity decline, which in turn can, make the quality of decisions suffer.
To view the full webinar discussion between our experts, Oseas and Thierry, please click here to watch the video.